IICMS has its own research programs in the area of developing newer analytical techniques in chromatography and mass spectrometry.
- Development of newer analytical methods in the area of trace level impurity characterisation, metabolites identification and quantification.
- Contaminants analysis in food chemistry and pesticide analysis in food products.
- Exploration of state-of-art MS techniques in analyzing active ingredients in complex matrix.
- Development of simple sample preparation techniques for bioanalysis.
- Cost effective process development of small molecules, specifically, oncology molecules.
- Evaluation of new LC columns for the development of the LC methods to solve complex separation issues, particularly in the area of interference from matrix